At first Google just made search, without many option to search. Today Google has too many option. Since the simplest search option, that is, the clicking option, to the more complex options, that is, actually programs to do some work.
Here you will find, some tricks that are very useful and in certain way should be intuitive, but I guess intuition is something very hard to define.
Search by etymology of the words
For restaurants the "tip calculator"
Using Google as a calculator instead of open any calculator in your PC
Searching in range using ".." between two numbers
Get all the pages that has a link to a specific website (very useful to SEO)
Convert currency and units
Search the definition of a word adding the command "define:" in front of the word you want to define
Set a timer by writing "set time for" subsequently the amount of time
Discovery a band by writing "Songs by" and then the name of the band
Discovery a book by writing "Books by" and then the name of an author
Plane information by the flight number
Searching for the exact phrase putting all the terms in quotation mark
Adding the command "intitle:" infront of you terms, google will search only the titles that have some of those terms
Doing more the want search at the time using "or"
Searching a specific type of file adding the command "filetype:" infront of the type file like pdf or gif (for animated images)
If you don't remember the part of the phrase you are searching you can use "*"
Exclude some words to the search by adding the minus sign (-) follow by the word you want to exclude
Cheap flights using "origin" to "destination"
Translate for a language to another
You can look up movie release dates in a jiffy.
You can use it like TV Guide and look up the schedules of all your favorite shows.
It’ll give you info about almost any company.
Get the time of a City
No too useful but interesting are the next ones:
- Type in “Google 1998″ for a retro version of the search engine.
- If you search for “Google gravity” and hit "I'm feeling lucky" then you'll get a rather literal definition of gravity.
- Ask Google to "do a barrel roll" and it'll do a barrel roll
- If you Google "zerg rush", you'll have to protect your search results from being eaten by Google's o's. Yes, this is a thing.
- If you hit 'I'm feeling lucky' without actually typing anything into the search box, you'll get a catalogue of all the Google doodles — all the way back to 1998
Those are my trick on Google, please if you know others, tell me I will be pleasure to add here. :)